☎ 403-236-3928 ✉ email@example.com
You are here: Home > Blog | Valerie MacLeod
Some people are more productive than others. The differentiating factor is choosing what NOT to do or what to STOP doing according to Jayne Jenkins onManagingAmericans.com.
1) Inefficient Use Of Travel Time –Review your calendar over the last 3 weeks and identify travel time wasters. Did you travel when a phone call or Skype meeting would have achieved the same outcome? Choose when to travel only when it is important to the relationship.
2) Meetings That Go On Too Long – If your meeting does not have a clear purpose, with the right people present, you will waste time. Say NO to meetings you don’t need to attend. Help your teams get clarity on defining the purpose of the meeting and defining the right attendees.
3) Negative People Sucking The Energy From You – Avoid people who are constantly negative, they can drain energy from you. Invest time with the positive people. Be positive yourself and create a positive environment for your team.
4) Procrastinating– Don’t let things hang over your head – do them, delegate them or date them. Do your important tasks over the “urgent” ones. Urgent tasks often exist because someone else was not proactive.
5) Making Promises You Can’t Keep- “Never write a cheque your body can’t cash.” Only make promises on things that are aligned with your team’s goals and don’t feel bad about saying NO.
6) Indecisiveness - Make the decision, task risks and learn from your mistakes. Don’t let the small decision take up too much time – make the decision and move on.
7) Waiting…Waiting…Waiting - STOPwaiting for things to happen. Make them happen!
Let's talk about being more effective. Contact me Valerie.MacLeod@HainesCentre.com
Copyright © 2022. All Rights Reserved.